A CCCS student is trying to activate Office 365.
Please access the link below in order to access information regarding activating student Office 365 & possible troubleshooting.
Steps to resolve the problems while activating office 365
- Reset the portal password (even if they can login to portal/email)
- Verify the computer time and date is set correctly
- Be sure to uninstall and previous Office installation including free 60 day trials which often come bundled on computers
- Make sure they have admin rights to install software
- Check whether their portal password has special characters in it. The space bar in particular seems to cause issues.
- When the prompt asks what type of account is being used make sure you choose the “365 for work or student” option, we’ve found some folks have bad instructions to use the ‘other’ type
- On the login page, use your @student.cccs.edu email then after it forwards to a new login page, your S# and portal password
- Try switching browsers; depending on your home system setup some browsers may be more compatible than others. (see browser compatibility list)
- Clear out your past cookies and temporary internet file cache
- Add the site to your Trusted Sites
- Disable Norton antivirus/security products or similar software
- Inquire if the student has had a name change, verify the display name and username in O365. If they are different, request an email synchronization from CCCS IT before trying the install again