Installing from Managed Software Center
Note: Please make sure you are either on campus, or are connected to VPN before attempting to install this software using Managed Software Center. If you have trouble installing this software, please contact the IT Support Desk for assistance.
- Click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner of the screen (or press the Command key and the Spacebar) to open Spotlight and search for “Managed Software Center”.
- You can also click on Finder in the dock click on Applications in the sidebar, then scroll down until you see “Managed Software Center” in your applications list.
- Locate the Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop application in the list of available apps.
- Click the Install button and wait for the install to finish.
- In some cases, especially if there are other apps or updates that need to be installed, the app will not install right away. Instead it will be queued and will appear in the Updates pane of Managed Software Center. To complete the installation, click on the Updates tab at the top of the window, and click on the
- Wait for the installation to complete.
Starting Cisco Webex Meetings
WebEx Meetings Desktop will automatically launch when you log into your computer. You can change this behavior by modifying the applications Preferences. Look for this icon in your dock.
- On the initial page, enter your email address, then click Next.
- Ensure the WebEx site that is chosen is cccs-meetings.webex.com, and click Next.
- Enter your S number and password.
- The Cisco Webex Meetings app should open. You may be asked to perform an update. Choose Update Now or Remind Me Tomorrow.
Scheduling a Meeting Using Cisco Webex Meetings
- Click the calendar icon in the bottom menu
- Clicking the ‘+’ to schedule a new meeting
- Add your Attendees in the To… field.
- Give your meeting a Subject.
- Choose your Video Conference room (if necessary). (See the Room Scheduling Guide for more details.)
- Click Send when finished.
- If you don’t see your meeting right away, click the Refresh Arrow next to the Meetings heading.
Setting Meeting Preferences
- To change meeting options, click the Change Settings icon
- From here you can choose the Meeting template that you want to use (if you have stored any), you can change the Meeting password (using the default works great). You can also hide the password from the email invitation, and you can choose one or more Alternate Hosts!
- Click on “Show Advanced Settings” to change the type of meeting, the type of audio connection, and to require attendee Registration for this meeting.
- Click OK to save any changes.
Joining a Meeting
- To join a meeting, click the green Join button in the Cisco Webex Meetings Calendar Tab window.
- Or wait until the Webex Meeting Reminder countdown finishes and click the Join Meeting button.
- Or use the Join Webex Meeting information in your email invite.