- In the menu bar, select Tools > Manage add-ons or click on the “Gear” icon Internet Explorer Tools icon and select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons window, find the add-on from the list of currently loaded add-ons on the right
- Select it and click on the Disable button at the bottom right.
NOTE: Add-Ons should be disabled
- At the top right of the browser, click on the “wrench” Chrome wrench icon or “Menu” Chrome Menu button icon and navigate to Tools > Extensions or More tools > Extensions (depending on your version of Chrome)
- In the Extensions tab, find the extension from the list of installed extensions that you want to remove.
- Click the Disable link or Uninstall link under the name of the extension. These actions either disable the extension or completely uninstall it, depending on which link you click.
Disable Plug – Ins
- In the address bar, type about:plugins.
- In the Plug-ins tab, find the plug-in you want to disable
- Click the Disable link below the name of the plug-in
- In the menu bar, select Tools > Add-ons
- In the Add-ons window, click on the Plugins icon
- Find the plug-in from the list of installed plug-ins that you want to remove
- Select it and click on the Disable button on the right side
NOTE: Once pressed, the plug-in is disabled and will not run anymore.