- Open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools (press the Alt key if you don’t see the Tools menu option)
- Click Options (or Internet options)
- Click the Privacy tab
- At the bottom of the Privacy tab, you should have a Pop-up Blocker section. If you want pop-ups to be blocked, check the “Block pop-ups” option (may also be titled “Turn on Pop-Up Blocker”). You can also set additional options, such as disabling sound or the info bar whenever a pop-up is blocked, by clicking the Settings button.
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the upper-right of your Chrome window, click the Menu icon, which looks like three vertical dots ( ⋮ ). Select Settings
- At the bottom of the Settings page, click Show advanced settings
- In the Privacy section, click the Content settings button
- In the Content settings window, scroll down to the Pop-ups section. If not already selected by default, select the “Do not allow any site to show pop-ups” option. You can also add sites to the exceptions list to allow pop-ups from those sites by clicking the Manage exceptions button.
- Open Mozilla Firefox.
- lick the menu button, which looks like three horizontal lines ( ☰ ) in the upper right-hand corner of your Firefox Window, and select Options. (If you are using OS X, go to your Firefox menu at the top of your screen and select Preferences).
- On the left side of the screen, click Content
- Make sure that Block pop-up windows is checked