Try and open outlook in Safe Mode
- To start in Safe Mode, you can hold down the CTRL key when opening Outlook. (Keep holding it until message appears), or Click Start, In the Search or Run box, type outlook.exe /safe and press Enter
- If Outlook is slow or locks up whilst in Safe Mode, then it is very likely that an Add In could be causing the issue. In Outlook, click File, Options, then click Add In’s. At the bottom, where it says “Manage”, click Go and in the next screen, remove the check marks.
- Disable all your add-ins. After this, you can start Outlook normally again and see if it works now. If so, you can enable them one by one until Outlook fails again. The add-in you last enabled is most likely the cause of your issue. Uninstall or reinstall this add-in.
Repair the outlook Profile:
- In Control Panel, select Mail, then click on E-mail Accounts
- In the Account Settings dialog box, on the E-mail tab, highlight your account, and then click Repair
- Follow any prompts from the repair wizard
- Click on the Finish option. When the repair is done, restart Outlook
Create a new outlook Profile:
- In Control Panel, select Mail, then click on Show Profiles
- Click on Add, enter the name of the new profile
- Before selecting OK, select “Prompt for a profile to be used”
- Start Outlook, and select the new profile
- If the new profile allows Outlook to to perform normally, you can look at moving your data across to the new profile
Repair outlook via the Installer:
- If none of the above steps are successful, then it is likely that Outlook is damaged. You can attempt to repair Outlook by choosing Change in Programs and features or Add or Remove Programs (XP).