Try these easy fixes for better quality laser printing. If your issues persist, the problem is more likely to be due to supplies or hardware.
- Check your print driver to make sure you have the correct paper or media selected.
- Double check that the paper loaded in the tray matches the type selected in the printer driver.
- In some laser printers, the fuser has an adjustment for paper type. If your printer’s fuser can be adjusted manually, check to see that it’s set properly but be aware: fusers get very hot so exercise caution.
- Check out your toner cartridges, imaging unit(s) and the fuser for damage. These components vary by model and manufacturer so it’s best to refer to the User Guide.
- If you’ve got smudge marks, print several blank sheets of paper and they will eventually fade away.