You can set up Outlook to work with your Institution email (Gmail). This page provides instructions for setting up Outlook in Office 2011 on Mac.
- You must first install Office 2011 in order to follow these instructions.
- Instructions for migrating from Entourage 2008 to Outlook 2011 in Mac OS
- Instructions for using Office 2011 on Mac OS
If you need to remove your old Exchange Account, follow the instructions at the following link:
Removing Exchange account from Outlook on Mac
Go to Tools->Accounts
- Click on “Tools” in the menu bar at the top of the screen to reveal a drop-down menu.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Accounts…”
Click on “E-mail Account”
OC Email Address & Password
- Enter your Institution Email Address
- Enter your Password
** Keep in mind that Faculty/Staff email addresses will end in @oc.edu and Student email addresses will end in @eagles.oc.edu**
The box should extend down so you have to enter the following information
- Enter your Email address next to “Username.”
- Select Server Type as “IMAP.”
- For incoming server, enter “imap.gmail.com”
- Select “Use SSL to connect (recommended).”
- The outgoing server should be smtp.gmail.com
- Select Override default port
- Select Use SSL to connect (recommended)
- Enter 587 as the outgoing port number.
- Click “Add Account.”
Click “More Options…”
- Next to “Authentication,” select “Use Incoming Server Info.”
- Click “OK.”
It may take a few moments for the account to sync and load up all of your emails.
Contact Support Central
If you have any questions or experience any problems with these instructions, please contact Support Central for assistance.
| Contact Us |